The SPA’s activities are managed by the National Executive Committee who are elected each year at an Annual General Meeting. To meet the SPA’s aim of promoting and fostering pétanque in Scotland the NEC are responsible for:
- Day to day administration and liaising with governing bodies
- Arranging competitions for national titles and international qualifiers, in addition to publishing competition rules
- Recruiting and training coaches and umpires
- Publicising the work of the SPA and member clubs
- Encouraging newcomers to take up pétanque and youth development
This is just a flavour of what the SPA does. If you would like to know more please contact us.